Saturday, April 26, 2014

Torchy's Tacos - Cedar Park






We had been threatening to try Torchy's since they opened in Cedar Park, and finally we got around to it.


If you like tacos, and I do, and if you don't mind your food being well salted, and I do, you will like Torchy's. Despite the fact that my taco was really good, it was also really salty and I just couldn't finish it. However I still give them an 8 out of 10. I have a low salt tolerance and while Mildred found her taco slightly over salted also, she was able to finish it. Larry likes a lot of salt, so he had no issues with that.

Queso & Chips



We started with queso and chips and it was absolutely the best queso I have ever tasted. I would go back just for that. Their chips were also good and, surprisingly, they were not salted





I was disappointed that they didn't have crispy tacos as I have only recently tried these (seriously) and wanted to try them again, but when I tasted their tortilla I forgot my disappointment, it was excellent, and I am sure, much better for me.

Chicken fajita
As is our habit, we all studied the menu online before heading out, we also checked out their 'Secret Menu', and while it looked interesting, we decided to go with the regular one this time. I settled for a beef fajita taco on a flour tortilla, Mildred had the chicken fajita taco and Larry chose one beef fajita and one Democrat

The Democrat



I guess most people have two tacos, because the four we ordered came two in a basket, so only two baskets, our server supplied us with a third basket without delay and we rearranged them accordingly.


Beef Fajita

I think we may return, as we all agreed their flavors were great, but I will wait until I have a queso craving and have just that and be quite satisfied. Torchy's have a facebook page if you are interested in checking that out, click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment